Monday, June 13, 2011

It never gets old

The feeling of excitement that runs through your body when you have accomplished something.


The feeling of having people respect you so much that they will help you accomplish your dreams.

After I got back from LA, I decided I wanted to make an updated, more professional portfolio.

I spoke with a good friend of mine and fellow industry professional.
Max has always given me advice on business especially business in the south.
I consider Max to be one of the most talented photographers I know.
Max agreed to help me make a portfolio solely based on my makeup.

Throughout the years of being involved with random shoots, I have met some extremely talented models.
I hand picked 10 models in hopes they would all say yes!
With everyone having different schedule's I didn't expect everyone to be able to make the shoot.

Surprisingly enough, everyone said yes! I couldn't believe it!
We chose two days to help split up hours of shooting.
It was settled May 29th & 30th 2011!

I still was on the hunt for the perfect hairstylist. Teri Wyble recommended Jason Keller. I had worked with Jason once on a really quick job last year. I remember him being tattooed from head-to-toe.
Jason isn't just a hairstylist, he is a hair artist.
My jaw dropped when he made time out of his busy schedule to work with us! And on his birthday too!



On May 29th, we started at 10am at the Breathless Boudoir Studio.
Our first model was Maddie Randolph Vitale. Jason had dyed her hair a bright orange a few days previous to the shoot. He put a rockin Mohawk in her hair.


I wanted every model to have 2-3 different looks. Each look starting with something soft and natural. Something an everyday women would wear.
After the natural look, I built more dramatic looks on each model.

Maddie Was a real trouper! She did an amazing job!

Lauren Siegel was our second model, she is the epitome of beauty. She has such a soft, classy, feminine yet sexy look.



Lauren did an awesome job. She was even willing to go out in the Louisiana heat! I got a sneak peek of the edited versions of these pictures.. they are just Jaw dropping...

I had done makeup on Lauren before. She does a really great sultry look. She defiantly knows how to work her eyes. I saw a YSL ad that reminded me of Lauren. I decided to recreate the look on Lauren. She rocked it!

Makeup I had done on Lauren previous to this shoot.


YSL inspiration.


Obviously, my iphone doesn't do it justice.


Bliss Kelly Was my third model. I have shot with Bliss a few times. She has a really pretty just simple look. In the past I did a mad hatter look on Bliss that I loved!

I really wanted to re-create this look but put more of a tribal spin on it.
Again, the behind the scenes picture just don't do the beauty justice.

I did really love the hair on this look. I am not use to Bliss having bangs or blonde in her hair, so it was difficult to get use to at first. However, after seeing everything put together. I can't imagine it any other way. I loved the waves Jason created in her hair.


My fourth model was the lovely and talented Jen Leblanc. Not only is she a natural model she also is a very talented photographer and a great friend.

I didn't get any behind the scenes pictures of Jen unfortunately. However, I again wanted to recreate a look I had done on Jen before. Jen has a very intense look. Her eyes can portray emotion like no one I have ever seen before.

I had done a shoot with photographer Jessi Arnold in the past that was a good vs. evil theme.

This is the same makeup I recreated on Jen. It was very updated look. I took off the feather piece that I originally had on her for more of a high-fashion look on her.



Megan Martinez was my last model of day one. She is so kind and genuine. I loved working with her. She has the beautiful piercing blue eyes and very sexy lips!

I wanted to focus on Megan's lips. I love her lips!

Check out the behind the scenes shots and videos of Megan and the other ladies for day one!






No comments:

Post a Comment