Monday, March 1, 2010

Marionette Colaboration with Kaylynn Marie Photography





This was an awesome day!

Kaylynn and I had been talking about doing a marionette shoot for a while. I pitched the idea to Kaylynn of using my friend Caitlin for the model.
I went to high school with Caitlin Murphy she is 4'10 and absolutely drop dead gorgeous. She always made me laugh with her expressions. I thought she would be a great puppet. And she was. My moms house is located across the street from the performing arts center. At the time the arts center was showing rocky horror picture show. I asked my mom to pull some strings(haha I made a funny) and see if we could use the stage for the shoot.
AND WE GOT IT!
The stage was amazing!!!
We used an old Victorian wedding dress we bought from goodwill that morning for the shoot and also an old black dress Kaylynn borrowed from here sister.
We got some great shots in both dresses! We even got to use the fog machine!!
Well the black dress was a knee length dress...however, on Caitlin it was ankle length hehe. We decided to make the dress longer and bigger.I bought 24 yards of black Thule. We had Caitlin stand on a bar stool then we ran around her with the thule until her skirt became so large it reached the end of the stage. Caitlin look extremely tall.
Everything worked out amazing!
Later in the shoot Edmund Kee became the puppeteer for the shoot. He rocked it!
Actually we all did. This was one of my favorite shoots!
Everyone creative juices were flowing and my mom was bringing snacks to the stage the whole time. I tried to explain to her that she can't feed the model but she just wouldn't take no for an answer...

Check out the Shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment